Saturday, September 15, 2007
Kirthanas of Muthuswamy Dikshitar on 16 Amsams of Vinayaka.
On the auspicious Day of Vinayaka Chathurthi celebrated throughout the world by Hindus, I am presenting a kriti sung by Maharajapuram Santhanam in the Raag Abhogi.
Muthuswamy Dikshithar the doyen of Carnatic Music has composed Kirthanas on all the Sixteen Forms of Lord Ganesha. They are quoted below with the Raagas in which they are composed.
Vatapi ganapatim (Hamsadhwani)
Rakta Ganapatim (Mohanam)
-Kerala Ekadantam Bhajeham (Bilahari) –
- Madurai Sree Gananatham Bhajare (Isa manohari)
- Sree mahaganapatiravatu mam (Gowla)( usually sung before commencing Kamalamba Navavaranam)
-Uchchishta ganapatau (Kasiramakriya)
-Swetha Ganapatim (Ragachudamani)
-Sakti Sahita Ganapatim (Sankarabharanam - Nottu svara)
-Sri Muladhara Cakra Vinayaka (Sree)
- Siddhivinayakam (Chamaram)
-Vaamaanga sthitayaa (Athana
-Sree Ganesatpparam (Ardradesi)
-Vallabha Nayakasya (Begada)
-Mahaganapate (Nata Narayani)
-Ganesa Kumara (Junjhuutti)
- The following are attributed to Ambi Dikshitar:
- Gananathaya (Gowla) and
- Varasiddhi vinayakam (Chala Nata)
Please also visit:
by clicking on the title.